- Surround Yourself with Important People and Strengthen Connections.
During the pandemic, it is important to stay Connected with our loved ones, friends, and coworkers. This prevents social isolation and feelings of depression and anxiety. Physical Distancing is a must for our safety, but we can still connect with friends and family emotionally, socially and spiritually. Connect via email, text, or phone calls. Mental health is as important as physical health. As Richard Davidson says, “The key to a healthy life is having a healthy mind”.
2. Take Good Care of Yourself
Self-care is an important part of maintaining your physical and emotional wellbeing. It is the ability to prioritize your mental and emotional needs, and the ability to know when that prioritization is necessary. Self-care activities include, but are not limited to: taking a soothing bath, meditation, practicing proper sleep hygiene, maintaining adequate hydration and nutrition, making time for exercise, going to therapy, reading a book, or taking a break from work and engaging in exciting and enjoyable activities.
3. Stay Up to Date with the Guidelines for Covid 19
As the pandemic continues on, it is important to stay up to date with the guidelines set by the government and entities like the CDC. Following these guidelines and engaging in practices that reduce the odds of transmission is essential. These practices include:
Wear a mask, even at home, if you are socializing with people you don’t live with, or are having symptoms. Wearing a mask is the simplest way to stay protected.
- Wash your hands properly. Frequent hand washing is a must and should be done before and after eating, after using the restroom, when you are out in public spaces, and after sneezing, coughing, or touching your mouth.
- If you are sick and you have symptoms with Covid 19 then you should consult a doctor and get a test.. Even if you don’t have Covid 19 and you are sick, it means you are more vulnerable to contracting the virus and other pathogens.
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet is very important to you and others if you are outside your home.
- Limit your activities outside, like going into enclosed spaces, and if possible, it is advisable to do online shopping and curbside pick up.
- Protect yourself with Vaccines
Vaccines play an important role and are effective in protecting people from different diseases and help keep adults and children from getting seriously ill. Vaccines can reduce the risk of spreading diseases that are spreading through a community. Vaccines protect us, our family and friends, and the entire community.
- Maintain a strong Immune System
The best way to maintain your Immune system is to engage in health habits. Practicing proper sleep hygiene, hydrating adequately, and maintaining a healthy diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables is essential. As we age, our immune system responses can weaken, making us more vulnerable to illness. Maintaining healthy habits for a lifetime is the best prevention against a weakening immune system.